Here are the reasons why July and August 2022 SRD R350 are still pending and not approved yet:
- The gazetting of the new laws regarding the SASSA SRD R350.
- As a result of if the gazetted, the new threshold for SASSA SRD R350 qualification is R624 from the earlier R350
- Applicants do not need to reconfirm their applications after every three payments.
- SASSA is trying to clear the backlog of the outstanding grants from April 2022.
- Clearing out of backlog from the previous year SRD R350 grants reconsideration payments from August 2021 to March 2022.
- Now applicants who are were denied or declined in June 2022 due to Self Exclusionary Response Found have been approved and others are given pay dates starting from 22nd August 2022.
- Bank Verification continues to be a headache for many applicants who are approved long time without pay dates, meanwhile some are approved and bank account details verified but still no payment dates issued.
- At it stands, no July or August 2022 applications have been processed not even to talk about payments.
- Since we are in the last week of the month of August, July payments are likely to commence by the second week of September 2022.
- First week of every month is used for payments of the SASSA regular grants such as Old Age Pension Grant, Disability grant etc.
SASSA seems to be under pressure to make payments, because the whole of the month of August, no new payments are made leaving behind two months in arrears.