The National Social Security Fund is a Kenyan government agency responsible for the collection, safekeeping, responsible investment and distribution of retirement funds of employees in both the formal and informal sectors of the Kenyan Economy. Participation for both employers and employees is compulsory. The fund is both a pension fund and provident fund. How to Check NSSF statement via mobile phone app
The National Social Security Fund was established in 1965 through the Act of Parliament Cap 258 of the Laws of Kenya. It initially operated as a Department of the Ministry of Labour until 1987 when the act was amended, transforming the fund into a state corporation under the management of a board of trustees. Under the National Social Security Act of 2013, both employed and the self-employed and their dependents qualify as contributing members. The act (law) on pension requires all Kenyans that are above 18 years of age to register to the program.
The board of trustees is composed of workers’ representatives through the Central Organization of Trade Unions, employers through the Federation of Kenya Employers and the Government of Kenya through the Ministries of Labour and Finance. This composition ensures that the board accommodates the views and aspirations of the three social partners in policy formulation and running of the organization.
NSSF mobile app is available on both Android and IOS platforms.
Download the app on the app store or play store
Here is How to Check NSSF statement via mobile phone app
- After installation, launch the app
- You will be prompted to create an offline credential using a password and username. Save the personal details by selecting ‘save offline login.’
- A notification, ‘Login saved’ will appear, signaling a successful creation of login data.
- Click ‘ok.’
- Proceed and use the verified offline login details to access the app features.
- After successful login, you will be prompted
- Then go ahead and tap on ‘Add new member.’
- To continue at this point, you must have registered on the NSSF e-service. If registered, continue and input your e-service username and password plus the NSSF member’s number.
- If not cataloged into the NSSF e-service, click the button, ‘Not registered? Register. Include the details required, validate and save.
- A notification displayed as a ‘member created’ confirms successful registration. Click the ‘ok’ option.
- The app will then take you to a page where you will be prompted to select the indicated identity credentials.
- The app will redirect you to a new interphase layout that displays a member’s account and gives you various options to select. In this case, tap on ‘View statement.’
- Download the statement if prompted and view it from your device.
NSSF Mobile App Guide
Was this article helpful?