The full list of changes is as follows:
- Petrol 95: decrease of 68 cents per litre
- Petrol 93: decrease of 71 cents per litre
- Diesel 0.05%: decrease of 67 cents per litre
- Diesel 0.005%: decrease of 69 cents per litre
- Illuminating Paraffin: decrease of 71 cents per litre
The Department of Energy has announced the latest gasoline price increases, which will take effect on Wednesday (5 January 2022). This week, South Africans may expect a little hike in the price of gasoline, with diesel witnessing a significantly larger increase in price. For the country, petroleum is a valuable export commodity. Petrol is a commodity that may readily be used to characterize the economy of South Africa. Changes in the price of gasoline have the potential to have a significant impact on the nation’s micro and macroeconomic indicators.