One method the government uses to boost your welfare as a student is the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) and we talk about MyNSFAS. The emphasis on education by the South African government cannot be overemphasized. Over the years, the government keeps looking for new ways to boost and improve the educational sector and also the welfare of the personnel and students in the sector.
The NSFAS is a government program that provides you as a student with financial aid to help pay the cost of your tertiary education after you’re done with secondary school. This is usually done through a portal called MyNsfas.
MyNsfas is the portal where you can log in, access, and manage important information regarding the National Student Financial Aids Scheme as an applicant.
HOW TO ACCESS MYNSFAS ACCOUNT
Accessing a MyNsfas account is a pretty easy and simple thing to do. If you’d like to access your account, you simply need to go to the official website which is www.nsfas.org.za.
Once this is done, fill in your username and password and you should instantly have access to your portal. You can also sign in through your Facebook or Google if it’s connected to your account.
HOW TO CHANGE MYNSFAS LOGIN DETAILS
If you’d like to prevent your account from being hacked or ensure better security on your portal, it’s best to change or update your login details from time to time. If you’d like to change your login details, all you need to do is follow the steps below.
- Use your browser and go to www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on myNsfas account
- Type your username and password
- Click on the “my personal details” tab
- Update your cell phone and email address to the current one you use.
- Click on” update your details” to proceed
- An OTP (one-time pin) will be sent to either your email or phone number.
- Enter the OTP and submit
- Once this is done, your details will immediately be updated.
How to Re-Register your MyNsfas Account
Re-registering your account and updating your account take similar processes. If you’d like to re-register your account, take the steps below.
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za.
- Click on the MyNsfas tab
- Click on register
- Click on verify your details
- Input your I’d number as written in your documents
- Fill in your full name as stated in your official document
- Type your email and phone number
- Create and confirm your password
- Upload your ID and click the register
- You’ll receive an OTP. Input the OTP and submit
Once this is completed, you have successfully completed your re-registration.
NSFAS CONTACT DETAILS
Below are mediums you can use to contact NSFAS
Telephone: 021 763 3200 08000 67327 32261 (for SMS)
Postal Address: Private Bag X1, Plumstead, 7801
Physical Address: 2nd Floor, House Vincent, 10 Brodie Road, Wynberg, Cape Town, 7700