Liverpool and Manchester United will add another chapter to their rivalry when they face each other in Matchweek 3 of the English Premier League this Monday.
The match is sure to be full of exciting action for football fans, not to mention plenty of chances to bet and win big. If you’re looking to make some profit on the game, read on for the match preview and betting tips by BetKing.
Manchester United vs Liverpool Preview & Head-to-Head
Both teams had terrible results in EPL Matchweek 2. Manchester United lost their second straight game in a 4-0 drubbing to Brentford while Liverpool ended the game on a stalemate against Crystal Palace while playing at home.
Looking back over their recent encounters, the two teams have faced each other 12 times over the course of the last 5 years. The Reds emerged victorious in 6 of those clashes, while the Red Devils won 3 times. Three matches ended in draws.
At the moment, both clubs are desperate for 3 points. Will Liverpool bounce back on the road or can Manchester United turn things around with a surprise victory at home?
Liverpool form guide: D-D-L-W-L-W-W
Manchester United form guide: L-L-D-L-D-W-W
Key Match Facts:
- The Red Devils haven’t won in their last 5 matches.
- They have also conceded at least 1 goal in their last 7 games.
- Liverpool won the last 5 Premier League matches between the two teams.
- Liverpool have conceded at least 1 goal in their last 5 matches.
- On average, both teams score 1.3 goals when facing each other.
- On average, the Reds score 23 goals when playing away while the Red Devils score 1.47 goals when playing at home.
Manchester United vs Liverpool Betting Tips
Erik Ten Hag has had the worst start to his Premier League career while on the bench for the Red Devils. Given that the Red Devils are currently in a state of disarray, it should not be surprising that Liverpool is a strong favourite for this match.
Tip 1: Liverpool to win
Tip 2: Over 3.5 goals
Tip 3: Mohamed Salah to Score