SASSA r350 grant the latest news today – Beneficiaries of the Sassa Social Relief of Distress have been urged to note their R350 grant payments will be processed soon. Here are some relevant changes to the process for applicants who are yet to submit their online applications.
As the current month comes closer to an end, the South-South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) needs R350 to grant beneficiaries to know that May applications are due to open soon.
Sassa also stated that they started with June applications and would do April applications in July. So far, applications for April have been processed and July applications are to be completed soon according to Sassa.
The agency will also process the backlog of May applications in August along with those of August.
Additionally, Sassa also introduced and implemented several major changes in how they process Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant payments.
According to Sassa’s Executive Manager for Grants, Brenton Van Vrede, the changes in question include a proposed increase to the R350 grant to R624 a month, which is South Africa’s food poverty threshold.
However, Van Vrede adds that this is a step-by-step process in which the proposed amendments are put out for public comment until the end of a specified period, which in this instance is on Friday 29 July 2022.
With consideration of their recent changes in the R350 grant appeals process, Sassa has also encouraged R350 grant beneficiaries to reapply for the grant. The reapplication process serves the purpose of determining if applicants still meet the grant’s eligibility requirements.
Qualifying beneficiaries can apply online for the R350 using the steps listed below:
How to apply for the SRD grant online
- Go to srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll to the ‘How do I apply for this SRD Grant’ section
- Click on the yellow bar which says ‘click here to apply online
- Enter your mobile number
- Click “Send SMS”
- Then enter the one-time pin that Sassa has sent to the number
- Continue the application process by filling in the steps required by Sassa
How to apply for the SRD grant on WhatsApp
- Add 082 046 8553 as a contact on your phone
- Go on WhatsApp and send a message saying ‘hi’ to this number
- You will then receive a response and you should then respond by saying ‘help’
- You will be given various options, reply saying ‘4’
- This will lead you to the Unathi Sassa platform message which you should reply ‘SRD’ to
- You then have to confirm whether you’re applying for yourself or someone else
For the application to be processed to begin, you will have to submit your name, surname and ID number in the message. You will then receive a message on Whatsapp stating the next steps.
Instead of submitting several applications across different platforms, applicants are urged to submit only one application. As soon as the application has been properly submitted, confirmation will be received.