For the first time since Kathryn Mayorga filed a lawsuit claiming that football star Cristiano Ronaldo raped her in Las Vegas hotel nine years ago, he’s speaking publicly and he said the truth will come out because the truth will set him free.

Ronaldo, 33, was speaking at a news conference at Old Trafford, home of his former club, Manchester United before the Champions League encounter between them and his new club, Juventus. He told reporters that, “I’m not going to lie in this situation. I’m very happy. My lawyers, they are confident and of course, I am, too.

“The most important is I enjoy the football, I enjoy my life. The rest, I have people who take care of my life.

“Of course, the truth is always coming in the first position.”

Ronaldo’s lawyer, Peter S. Christiansen, declined to comment after the news conference, as did Ms Mayorga’s legal team.

The five-time world player of the year had previously confronted the allegations in an Instagram video on 3 October, hours after the lawsuit was filed.

Also, Ronaldo disregarded the claim by saying it’s a “fake, fake news”.

Asked about his status as a role model on Monday, Ronaldo said: “I know I am an example. I know, 100%. On the pitch and outside the pitch.

He added, “So I am always smiling, I am a happy man. I’m blessed that I play in a fantastic club, I have a fantastic family, I have four kids, I am healthy. I have everything.

“So, the rest, it doesn’t interfere on me.”

Mr Christiansen has said Ms Mayorga claims are complete fabrications and the encounter in a Las Vegas hotel penthouse bedroom was consensual. He issued a statement on 10 October denying wrongdoing by his client.

Ronaldo joined Juventus from Real Madrid in July 2018. He has scored five goals in nine matches for the Italian champions and two in three matches since he was accused of rape.




Hits: 76

Leave a Comment