publish-your-books

Tragedy befell a family in Bauchi on Saturday as the breadwinner of the house, Mr. Salihu Yahaya, a businessman, lost his life trying to save his wife from being electrocuted.

Narrating the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria, Mr Sani Ahmed, who described himself as ‘one of the boys’ of the deceased, said the tragedy occurred around 6.40pm.

He said, “One of the wives of the deceased, Halima, was trying to spread a wet material on a wire in the house meant for drying of clothes, but unknown to her, the wire had contact with the wall security barbed wire connected to electricity.

“She was electrocuted and she cried out, after which the deceased rushed to her rescue by trying to use his bare hand to remove the electrical wire.

publish-your-books

“Unfortunately, as of the time he responded to her alarm, he was performing ablution for his evening prayers and his hands were wet.

“He was able to rescue the wife but was also electrocuted and thrown to the ground. He died while being rushed to a hospital.”

Ahmed said he and others also took the wife to the hospital for medical attention, saying that she was at home in a stable condition.

When NAN visited the residence of the deceased on NYSC Street, in the Fadaman Mada area of Bauchi metropolis, it was impossible to get an interview with the affected wife as she was said to be in a mourning mood and receiving visitors.

Yahaya left behind two wives and six children.

Leave a Comment