If you’re a partner and have associated an AdSense account, we’ll send your earnings there. If you’re an eligible user that’s claiming a Shorts or Partner Bonus, then you will transfer your revenue from YouTube to Google AdSense by associating your AdSense account with your Google Payments account.
Create and link an AdSense account
Setting up an AdSense account and linking it to your channel is a crucial step toward getting paid on YouTube. Once you’ve created an AdSense account, you’ll need to link it to a channel in order to track that channel’s earnings on Google Ad Manager.
You can update your linked AdSense account to the YouTube Partner Program if you need to. Rest assured that all of your current settings and earnings will be retained when you do this. You won’t lose any of your AdSense earnings!
You can also monetize more than one YouTube channel using the same AdSense account. For example, if you have a vlogging channel and a gaming channel, you could add both to your Adsense account and make money on every video.
How To Create and Link Your Google AdSense Account To YouTube
Create a new AdSense account and link it to your channel to help you monetize your video content. Follow the steps below;
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- In the left menu, select the Monetization tab.
- Click START on the Sign-up for Google AdSense card.
- When you’re asked to, enter your YouTube account password and re-authenticate when required.
- Choose which Google account you would like to use for AdSense.
- Note: if you already use AdSense for other reasons outside of YouTube, sign in with the Google account used with your existing AdSense account.
- You’re now in AdSense. Once here, verify that the email address is correct at the top of the page. If it’s the wrong one, click Use a different account to switch accounts.
- Continue setting up your account. Provide your contact info and submit your AdSense account application.
After completing the application, you’ll be taken back to YouTube Studio. Here, you’ll see a message verifying receipt of your AdSense account application. When your account is approved, AdSense will inform you via email. This process can take up to several days. You will get a notification within YouTube Studio in the Sign up for Google AdSense card that your account is approved and active.