We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for Aminiya-Trust Newspaper Short Story Writing Competition 2023, then you are not alone.
Open Arts Foundation is an arts and literary collective based in Kaduna, Nigeria. In conjunction with Gandun Kalmomi, they are calling for entries for the inaugural Aminiya-Trust Hausa Short Story Writing Competition.
This is a brand-new Short Story Writing Competition sponsored by Aminiya-Trust newspapers that hopes to serve as a beacon for the development of Hausa literature.
This competition will be organized annually under the stewardship of Gandun Kalmomi and Open Arts.
Aminiya-Trust Newspaper Short Story Writing Competition Theme.
- This competition will announce a thematic occupation every year, that entries are supposed to revolve around. The theme for the year , is “Challenges of Democracy and Politicking in Nigeria”
- Writers are allowed to play around with this theme in various means in their stories, but mainly in creative and fictional means, non-fiction of any means or translations or other genres of writing will not be accepted.
Aminiya-Trust Newspaper Short Story Writing Competition Eligibility.
- All entries should fall between the word count of 1000 – 1500 words that conform to Hausa traditions and cultural norms.
- Entries are open to writers worldwide between the ages of 18- 35. Joint entries are also allowed, up to a maximum of two (2) writers per story.
- A long list of the top fifteen (15) entries will be published as part of an anthology.
Aminiya-Trust Newspaper Short Story Writing Competition Prizes.
The top 3 Entries will be awarded prizes as follows:
- 1st Position: N 250,000
- 2nd Position: N 1.50,000
- 3rd Position: N100,000
- The top 15 entries will be published as part of an anthology and certificates of recognition will be provided.
Writing Competition Timelines.
- From July 15 2020 readers begin to sift through received entries.
- Stage 2 readers that are experts in the field of Hausa literature will bring out a long list of 15 entries.
- In August 2020, three (3) selected judges will go through the long list and identify the winners.
- Winners of the 2020 Aminiya-Trust Hausa Short Story Competition will be announced in September 2020.
- Between September and October 2020, the top 15 entries will be edited and be published as part of an anthology with the top 3 entries translated into English for worldwide distribution.
- In November 2020, the 15 writers on the longlist will be interviewed and published in AMINIYA and TRUST Newspapers and on GANDUN KALMOMI and OPEN ARTS platforms.
- In December 2021, an award ceremony will be held in Kaduna.
How to Submit Entries
Interested and qualified candidates should send their entries to: [email protected] as a Microsoft Word attachment including full name, a short bio, home or office address and phone number.
Deadline: 15th July, at 11:59pm (WAT).
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Aminiya-Trust Newspaper Short Story Writing Competition”.
Thanks For Reading